Monday 19 October 2009

Hot Coffee?

I took my grandson, Josh, to his weekly soccer match on Sunday. It was a cold, wet day so a banana, a mars bar and a flask of coffee for half-time seemed to be just what I needed. I'm especially careful with how I make my coffee. It's not the best of flasks and I like my coffee really hot. So...

* put kettle on;
* put half a mug of milk in the microwave to heat;
* fill flask with hot water from tap;
* place coffee and suger in a pyrex jug;
* pour boiling water onto coffee & sugar, stir;
* add hot milk, stir;
* empty hot water out of flask and fill up with the coffee;
* screw the top on;
* screw the cup on.;
* place in small duffle bag.

Simple.

Half-time arrives (it's 1-1 and all to play for). Open bag, reach in for flask... and it comes out covered in a cold, sticky mess. I've not screwed the top on properly! Only blessing is we won 2-1.

2 comments:

  1. Thats certainly a well planned pre match routine, as you say though, at least the result was a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really passed a very good time of cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete